Debut album by Jillian Bain Christie, soprano and Catherine Herriott, piano.
A selection of much-loved songs by Scotland’s national poet, Robert Burns, chosen by talented young Scottish soprano, Jillian Bain Christie for her debut album, Ae spark o’ Nature’s fire. The album includes a new arrangement of Ae fond kiss written for Jillian by Professor Paul Mealor FRSA, Classic BRIT Award-winning composer.
- Ca’ the yowes to the knows – arr. Rory Boyle (b. 1951)
- A red, red rose – traditional
- Bonnie wee thing – arr. Cedric Thorpe Davie (1913–1983)
- When she cam’ ben, she bobbed – arr. Kenneth Elliott (1929–2011)
- A rosebud by my early walk – arr. George McPhee (b.1937)
- O, whistle, and I’ll come to you, my lad – arr. Iain Hamilton (1922–2000)
- The lea-rig – arr. Kenneth Elliott
- Duncan Gray – arr. George C McVicar (1920–2004)
- Ye banks and braes o’ bonnie Doon – arr. Helen Hopekirk (1856–1945)
- Aye waukin’, O! – arr. John Maxwell Geddes (b. 1941)
- The Deil’s awa’ wi’ the Exciseman – arr. Cedric Thorpe Davie
- John Anderson, my jo – traditional
- By yon castle wa’ – arr. Cedric Thorpe Davie
- Ae fond kiss – arr. Paul Mealor (b. 1975)